District Governor Norman Lee, accompanied by Governor Elect Andy Li, Assistant Governor Brian Ho, District Secretaries Rosa Tam and Joseph Yim visited our Club on November 10, 2022. He joined our Club’s lunch meeting after his meeting with
our board members.
At the lunch meeting, DG made his speech. He started by telling the purpose of his visit, understanding our club’s year plan from the board members; to meet with members of the club and to deliver some key messages. He then talked about matters in different areas. In general, he asked members to rethink ‘’Service Above Self “. About the year theme “Imagine Rotary”, he reminded members Rotary International President’s ideas: to make projects bigger and more impactful; care more for members.
He went on talked about several projects and matters in Rotary District 3450:
- “Student Ambassador Awards” – This recent project received good support from government departments. It focuses on “What we may do to help the society”. District Governor Norman encouraged Rotarians to work more with Rotaractors.
- “Virtual Rotary Exchange for Youth” – This project was piloted by Rotary Club of Hong Kong Island East. It was well recognized by Rotary International, and that Rotary District 3450 was invited to share the project at the upcoming Rotary International Convention.
- Digital Transformation – District Governor Norman urged member to use electronic services developed by the District.
- Foundation – District Governor Norman particularly gave thanks to our Club for its great support to The Rotary Foundation.
- Re-Zoning – District Governor Norman described the reasons for the District’s initiative to apply for re-zoning. A major reason was that our District might then have a better chance to get members to serve Rotary International. He appealed to members to support this motion.
In closing, he reminded members again of the Rotary International theme this year: Imagine Rotary.